2. Create client application in Azure for the AD Synctool
Note: Please make sure you meet the requirements found here.
We recommend creating the required Azure AD application via the Azure AD:
- Go to Azure AD (https://portal.azure.com)
- Log in as an admin
- Go to App registrations and create a new app
- Fill in a name and click register
- Go to API Permissions and add the following permissions
- Be sure you select Microsoft Graph -> Application permissions
- Be sure you grant the Admin concent on the permissions
- Go to Certificates & Secrets
- Create a new Client secret
- Fill in a description and expiry and click add.
- Copy the value so you can use it later on.
- Note down the following information:
- Application ID
- Tenant ID
- Tenant name, e.g. mycompany.onmicrosoft.com
- The client secret.
- This information is needed for the next step.