Step 1. Create a client application in Azure
Table of Contents
First, we need to create a client application in Azure for the AD synctool with the appropriate API permissions. This way, the Workspace its API accepts information from the synctool.
- Go to Azure AD (https://portal.azure.com)
- Log in as an admin
- Go to App registrations and create a new app
- Fill in a name and click register
- Go to API Permissions and add the following permissions
- Be sure you select Microsoft Graph -> Application permissions
- Be sure you grant the Admin consent on the permissions
- Go to Certificates & Secrets
- Create a new Client secret
- Fill in a description and expiry and click add.
- Copy the value so you can use it later on.
- Note down the following information:
- Application ID
- Tenant ID
- Tenant name, e.g. mycompany.onmicrosoft.com
- The client secret (value).
- This information is needed for the next step.