Step 1. Create a client application in Azure
Table of Contents
First, we need to create a client application in Azure for the AD synctool with the appropriate API permissions. This way, the Workspace its API accepts information from the synctool.
We recommend creating the required Azure AD application via Azure AD.
- Go to Azure AD (https://portal.azure.com).
- Log in as an admin.
- Go to App registrations and create a new app.
- Fill in a name and click register.
- Go to API Permissions and add the following permissions:
- Be sure you select Microsoft Graph -> Application permissions.
- Be sure you grant the Admin consent on the permissions.
- Go to Certificates & Secrets.
- Create a new Client secret.
- Fill in a description and expiry and click add.
- Copy the value so you can use it later on.
- Note down the following information:
- Application ID
- Tenant ID
- Tenant name, e.g. mycompany.onmicrosoft.com
- Secret ID (under Client secrets)
- This information is needed for the next step.
Proceed to step 2.