Workspace Administrators can create Shared App Groups containing a specific combination of Apps which can be offered to users directly. The advantages of this are:
- Users will not have to create Personal App Groups and adding Apps to it via “Add New Apps” which saves a lot of time for users.
- Administrators can fully preconfigure the Workspace and can be assured that these apps are not manually changed by users. Only Administrators can change the organization and content of Apps which are placed in Shared App Groups.
- Administrators can force these Shared App Groups to be appearing directly on the Workspace main page when a user logs in & users can hide the Group when not needed by removing the checkmark from the Group.
Below you can find the steps in case of setting up a Shared App Group, setting permissions and making these Shared App Groups visible on the Workspace main page for other users:
- Login as Administrator and click “Add new Apps”.
- Make sure all of the needed Apps for the Shared Apps Group are added to the main page & saved.
- Now open the Groups dropdown at the main page and click “New shared group”.
- A new empty group will appear on the main page, make sure the Apps are added to the Shared App Group (you can do this by drag and dropping the Apps in the Group).
- Change the Shared App Group name if needed and afterwards click “Done”.
- Now click the User Permissions button on the top right of the Shared App Group.
By default, the Individual User List is opened as shown here. On the right side of the screen you can switch to the User Group List. The Groups are now shown. Assign the Group by marking the checkbox which is shown.
If you click “Done”, users from the User Group can find the Shared App Group by clicking the Groups button on their main page. They have to mark the checkbox to add it to the Workspace main page.
If you click “Done and make visible” you will be asked to verify if you really want to force these Shared App groups to be visible directly on the Workspace main pages of the permitted users.
Click “OK”. The Shared App Group will be automatically added to their main pages and appear when they log in to their Workspace, which is very convenient for most users.