Shared tile groups
Table of Contents
Workspace administrators can create "Shared tile groups" containing a specific combination of tiles which can be offered to users directly. This article explains how to create a Shared tile group, assigning permissions and making these groups visible on the workspaces of these users.
Advantages of Shared tile groups
The advantages are:
- Users will not have to create Personal tile groups and adding tiles via “Add tiles”, which saves a lot of time for users.
- Administrators can fully preconfigure the Workspace and can be assured that these tiles are not manually changed by users. Only administrators can change the organization and content of tiles which are placed in Shared tile groups.
- Administrators can force these Shared tile groups to be appearing directly on the Workspace main page when a user logs in & users can hide the group when not needed by removing the checkmark from the group.
Create a new shared tile group
- Login as administrator. Click on "Groups" and then “New shared group”.
- A new empty group will appear on your workspace. You can now add tiles to the Shared tile group (you can also do this by drag and dropping the tiles in the group).
- Change the name of the group if needed.
- Click “Save”.
- To add users to the group, click the user icon on the top right side of the Shared tile group. Click on "Add" to give permissions specific groups or users.
- Don't forget to click on “Save”.
Now, the selected users are able to add the Shared tile groups to their Workspace by clicking on "Groups" at the top of their Workspace and selecting the group.