Table of Contents
- Activate the app
- Live Power BI for Guest users
- Troubleshooting Power BI
You can now add Power BI tiles to the Workspace giving people insights on data which they need or should know on a daily base. The Power BI tile shows you the desired tile from Power BI. You can easily select tiles from dashboards.
- Make sure the Single Sign-On method is set to oAuth2 and you set the required Power BI permissions on the oAuth2 application in Azure AD. If you want to know how to set up a oAuth2 application for your Workspace, click here.
- Direct user permissions to the Power BI resource/dashboard are required (even if you created the dashboard yourself).
- A Power BI Pro license.
Activate the app
- As an admin, go to the App store and make sure Power BI is enabled. This can be found onder the Office category.
- Make sure the correct permissions are set.
- Add the Power BI tile to your Workspace by clicking on Add tiles. Configure the desired 'Workspace', 'Dashboard' and 'Tile' and click Add to Workspace.
- You can add this app to a Shared group and click "done" to make it visible to the users. If you like to push the Live tile via a Shared group, make sure everyone from that group has access to the Power BI dashboard.
Live Power BI for Guest users
To let guest users view the Live Power BI tiles some extra steps are needed.
- In Power BI head to the site you want to share with your guest user(s).
- Press "Share" in the top right corner.
- Fill in the guest user(s) UPN.
- Lastly the user has to accept the email confirmation to get access to the Live Power BI tiles within Workspace.
Troubleshooting Power BI
"Could not retrieve the tile from Power Bi"
This error message is caused by a limitation within the browser itself. The browser allows limited connections (e.g. 5 or 6) at the same time, but Power BI leave these connections open. Therefore, too many connections are open for the browser to show in the live tile. Often refreshing the page helps.
"Could not retrieve the workspaces from Power BI"
You could run into this error if permissions are granted via a group when adding the Power BI tile to your Workspace. Direct user permissions to the Power BI resource/dashboard are required (even if you created the dashboard yourself), including a Power BI Pro license.