It is possible to perform calculations based upon the existing values in Business App fields.
Note: not every type of field can be used (suitable fields are: Integer, Decimal, Percentage, Currency & Calculation).
In this example, we want to multiple an amount with a percentage (10% is set as default in the Settings of the percentage field). For showing the outcome, the Calculation field is added.
- Open the Settings of the Calculation field:
- Click Calculation
- Click Sum and select Multiply
- Now click Multiply and select Add Line
- Open the drop down next to the empty “Field” and select the desired field, in this case “Amount”
- Click Multiply again and select “Add Line”
- Open the drop down next to the empty “Field” and select the desired field, in this case “Percentage”:
Now click Apply and save the form afterwards. The calculation is now finished. After adding values to the Amount field in a Business App record and saving the record, the calculation will automatically be made and the result of it will be shown in the Result field.