The Workspace 365 Provisioning API is intended for provisioning and managing Workspace 365 resources. The API uses a REST-ish interface meaning instead of calling Actions/Methods, you define the Action you want to perform on a resource via the HTTP METHOD (i.e. GET, POST, PUT & DELETE) and uses JSON as its data protocol.
- The API needs to be enabled in Workspace 365.
- In order to access the Provisioning API, a so called Provisioning Key needs to be provided with each request. The Provisioning Key is provided via the value of a header called “ProvisioningKey”.
- An extra header is provided with every request (X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest).
If you are hosting Workspace 365, see section “Configuration for Hosters”.
The Provisioning API is located at “/Provisioning” (e.g. when Workspace 365 is hosted on https://portal.workspace365.net, the Provisioning API is located at https://portal.workspace365.net/Provisioning).
Below, we describe the available endpoints and their data objects per resource type. Included in each endpoint is an example of the request. These examples assume Workspace 365 has the following settings:
- Workspace 365 is hosted on https://portal.workspace365.net
- The Provisioning Key is C7656554-85A2-4AFD-BAB7-18C71593C4D2