Full guide for usersFollow
The goal of Workspace 365 is to simplify your work by making IT less complicated. In one glance you see all applications and information your organisation made available for you. This way, everything is within reach with just one click, on any device and from any browser.
The Guide for users contains the following subjects:
- Introduction & Sign in
- Add your favorite sites
- Edit your workspace
- Important information in one glance
- Install Office on your mobile and create the workspace as a tile
- Go to your workspace URL provided by the IT-Partner (e.g. https://demo.workspace365.net/demo)
- Login to your new workspace with the Office 365 login information or the information you have received by e-mail.
- Bookmark the workspace in your browser or set it up as your homepage so you can easily reach it at all times.
When you open applications and want to go back to the home screen, click on the logo with the four squares on the upper left.
Through the "+" menu you can quickly add documents, emails or Business App tiles.
The clock icon is for showing the notifications.
With this button you can view recently visited pages within the workspace.
All your contacts are listed under the Address book.
By clicking on the profile icon or the profile photo you’ve chosen, you can access your profile settings.
If your organisation allows it, you can add links to websites you often use:
Click on “Add tiles”.
Select the app. Clicking on the apps on the top will directly send you to a next screen. With the applications on the bottom you can select one or more and you click on “Add to workspace”.
When you add or edit a shortcut you can easily fill in the information.
- Choose a recognizable icon
- Select a color
- Type a clear name
- Copy the link from the website and paste this in the “Webpage” field
- Select the destination you want the new page to open
- Click “Add to workspace”
Click here for more information on adding tiles.
After adding a new tile to the workspace you can easily edit the workspace.
- Move an app to the desired group by clicking and dragging it.
- Click on the name of a group to edit it.
- Move a group by clicking on the arrows below it.
- Edit an app by selecting it and clicking on “Edit tile” in the task bar.
Do you want to decide for yourself which groups are visible on the workspace? Click “Groups” in the taskbar and select the groups you want to be visible.
Click here for more information on editing the workspace.
By opening the workspace you will instantly have an overview of your workday.
In the live calendar you instantly see your appointments for the day. You can click on an appointment to see more details. If you want to make a new appointment, you click on “CALENDAR” in the bottom right corner of the tile.
Live email lets you view your unread messages. You can view them in the mailbox by clicking on “EMAIL”.
In the news tile you can see the latest messages from internal or external sources, added by your organisation.
You can easily add a news-feed by yourself with for instance procurement's, interesting mailings or professional news.
- Click on “Add tiles”
- Select the RSS tile
- Choose an icon, color and a name for the app
- Give the Tab a name so it’s clear which news it shows
- Add the RSS-feed URL, this is usually recognizable on a website by the icon shown here on the right
- Select Feed type “Public” if it’s a public website
- Add the shortcut to the site at the “Site url” field
- Click on the plus icon below to add another tab. This is possible up to a maximum 3 tabs.
On the left you see “My documents”. Here you’ll find, as you can tell by the name, your personal (work)files. In this section you can save documents that are convenient for work, but do not necessarily need to be shared with your colleagues.
Under the second darker grey tab you see shared folders, in the photo on the right indicated by the name “Peter Inc Team Site”. These folders are meant for collaboration with others. By saving files in these folders, everything stays neatly and clear in one location and everything is accessible for the people who have the rights to access these particular files and folders.
It’s possible to hide folders in the menu of the document app. This can come in handy when you have access to a lot of folders from other departments, which you never need or use anyway. To hide these folders, you click the eye-icon above the list of folders. After that, you can select which folders you want to show in your document app.
The administrator of an environment can enable/disable the option to open documents in local applications of Office. When this function is enabled, the user has the ability to open files in the web editor or in the local app. If one of the options is not available, it will automatically choose the option that is available.
Frequently use particular folders? Make shortcuts to your favorite folders.
- Open the folder you use frequently.
- Copy the shortcut/url from the browser bar.
- Make a new shortcut and paste the copied link in the “Webpage” field.
You can also create bookmarks.
- New: With the "New" button you can easily create a new folder or file (Word, Excel, PowerPoint or OneNote).
- Upload: By clicking “Upload” you can select a document to upload to the folder you’re active in.
- Sync: You can, if you have the rights to, synchronize “My documents” and the shared folders to your device, so you can keep working on your files while you’re offline.
- Open in Word Online: Here you select which application you want to use; this is possible with online (standard) or local Office apps.
- Manage: Under “Manage” or by right-clicking on a file, you can Delete, Rename, Move or Copy a file.
- Download: Click “Download” to save documents to your device. Only do this when necessary, because this increases the risk you’ll lose the file if your device breaks down and colleagues can’t view the file.
- Share: Through “Share” you can invite colleagues and make a link to share a document with others. Use this. This way you can keep collaborating in the same document and you won’t have multiple versions of the same document. If you want a document to be checked by someone else you can also select the option to share a “View only” version, so the other person can’t edit the document.
- Version history: By clicking "Version history" you can see the previous versions of the document. You can restore and download any older version below to make it the current version. All other versions will still be saved.
You have a document you have to send per e-mail? Then you won’t have to go to your mailbox first and search your folders from there to find the right document. Send them directly from the document app:
- Click on “Share” and “Attach to e-mail”
- Right-click on the file
- Select “Attach to e-mail”
Within the workspace you can easily reach the mailbox in the browser. As we use Exchange, we make sure that the e-mails are the same in Outlook, Online and on your mobile device.
By clicking on "EMAIL" on the bottom right of the live tile you open the Online mailbox.
From the Workspace 365 mailbox it’s easier to save or send files as an attachment because of the combination with SharePoint.
- Open the e-mail with attachment
- Right-click (or hold a while on touch-devices) and choose “Save as”
- Choose the location where you want to save the file
Within mobile browsers you often have the possibility to create a shortcut to a page on your home screen. By doing this you’ll quickly have access to your workspace from any device.
Set up the Workspace 365 environment as a tile on your mobile phone, tablet or desktop to quickly access everything you need to work.
Install Office apps on your mobile device through the app stores.