Announcement: Update Workspace 365 v3.8.0
The release of Workspace 365 v3.8.0 will be deployed on 23-01-2020 between 10:00 PM and 00:00 PM Central European Time. The following will be implemented when this version goes live:
- Bring another piece of social intranet to your adaptive workspace and stimulate interaction and collaboration with the new option to comment on Announcements.
- From this update forward, when deleting users, they will not be permanently deleted right away. They will be placed into the Recycle Bin for 30 days, after which they will be automatically deleted permanently. The Recycle Bin acts as a repository for deleted users, until you are ready to delete them permanently. When a user is placed into the Recycle bin, they can’t access the workspace. When restoring the user from the Recycle Bin, all their settings are restored as well.
- It is now possible to open macro-enabled PowerPoint presentation files (.pptm) from the workspace.
- Easily find specific applications based on their settings, with the new filter in the App Store. From the overview, you can easily see which apps contain owner permissions, scheduled maintenance and Conditional Access settings.
- This update, we’re introducing Announcement categories, so you can easily choose to show announcements based on their category.
- View more in one tile. Users now have the option to load older announcements in the Announcements live tile by clicking the “Load more” button, which is positioned below the 10th announcement. Previously, only the 10 most recent announcements could be accessed.
- Image thumbnails in the Announcement live tile were rendered with incorrect proportions (images were stretched) in Internet Explorer.
- The click area of grid items in the Documents App is increased. Previously, users could open an item via the grid by clicking on the item name. From now on, you can open an item by double-clicking anywhere in the item row.
- From now on, after typing characters in the search bar of the Email App, results are directly provided without having to press Enter.
- Extra logs were added for the AD sync, to better diagnose potential problems.
- We have made the secrets protection more flexible, allowing us to introduce our new protection mechanism with little impact. It only requires some setup by the hosting partner. When these new requirements are met, the secrets will automatically be protected using the new mechanism. Note: the old mechanism still works as long as the new requirements are not configured.
- We are introducing a preview functionality of a new implementation for connecting to the file server, which should reduce the resources used on the webserver. This preview is disabled by default and can be enabled through the configuration on the webserver.
- We reworked the interaction between components in the Email App, making the behaviour more predictable.