Add your own video
Created your own video? Great! You can easily add it to the workspace with an iFrame. This is how.
Go to the App Store and create a new web content app. Go to your video (on YouTube) and copy the embed link and paste it in the 'Embed code' field in the workspace. Change the width and height in the code to "100%" and check the boxes to hide the live tile header and footer. This way the video will be full screen in your 8 x 8 live tile. Lastly, add the url of the video and edit the icon of the tile.
If you want to add a whole playlist follow these instructions:
- Log into your YouTube account on a computer.
- Select the playlist you want to embed on the left side of the page.
- Copy the playlist ID from the URL. (ID comes after “list=”)
- Click on the first video of the playlist and click on ‘Share’.
- Click on ‘embed’ and copy the code.
- Replace the video ID (after 'embed /') with 'video series? List ='.
- Then paste the playlist ID after 'list='.
<iframe width = "560" height = "315" src = "https://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PLx0sYbCqOb8TBPRdmBHs5Iftvv9TPboYG" frameborder = "0" allow = "autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen> < / iframe>
In the workspace:
- In the App Store, add a new app ‘web content’.
- Paste the code in the ‘Embed code’ field.
- Change the width and height numbers in the code to “100%”
- Fill in the rest of the information.