Troubleshooting the Fileserver (WebDav SSL)
Fileserver is configured but does not work in the workspace environment. It can be challenging to troubleshoot this. What can I check and do to resolve this problem? Have you already seen our other fileserver configuration articles? Fileserver articles
- Make sure you can log in and access the URL through windows explorer.
- If not, please check WebDav settings.
- Make sure you can log in and access the URL through an internet browser.
- If not, please check WebDav settings
- Credential error?
- Please check the credentials and permission of the user.
- Integration credentials settings
- Is the WebDav URL correctly configured within the workspace?
- Check the WebDav URL in the workspace environment ( Settings > Fileservers ).
When you did the basic troubleshooting and the fileserver is still not working, please check the logs.
Information on how to get the logs can be found here: Log files
Error messages with solutions
- Status code:
MethodNotAllowed- Mostly firewall settings. Please check if the connection is blocked by the firewall.
- Status code:
RequestEntityTooLarge- Set the threshold file size limit in WebDav.
- 500 or other error - This can have a lot of reasons, check the logs to see where the error is coming from.
- Contact us by raising a Fileserver ticket
- Error message: "Most likely, your password or username is incorrect. Other reasons might be that you don't have permissions or the folder does not exist".
This can error message can occur when you click on folders that consume a lot of space (e.g. 22k+ with a total size more than 80 GB). This is due to a client limit. Solution to this problem is to change the value "FileAttributesLimitInBytes" in your registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters\.