Zermelo live tile
Table of Contents
The Zermelo live tile is divided into two different views: a day view and a week view. You can navigate through dates by clicking on the arrows under 'My schedule'. If no classes are scheduled, the micro will present the data as "you don't have any classes on this day".
If the tile is wider than 4, by default it switches to the week view. Use the button to toggle between the views.
The red bar indicates the current time of the day. This falls back on the timezone setting in Windows.
- Workspace administrators can set up a Zermelo connection.
- Workspace checks if the Workspace user has access to Zermelo, which means the Workspace user must have an account in Zermelo. If this is not the case, no information can be retrieved from the live tile for this user.
Step 1. Create an impersonation user in Zermelo
Note: impersonation is only allowed for users who have been assigned a specific user type in the Zermelo portal, which determines you may edit the live timetable of behalf of other users.
- You will first need to create a new user in Zermelo.
- Give it a recognizable name, e.g.: workspace365.
- This account will be the impersonation account for the integration and does NOT need administrator rights.
- Give this user the user type (soort gebruiker) Workspace365.
- Go to Beheer -> Gebruikers -> Toon alle kolommen.
- Edit the field Soort gebruiker and change it to Workspace365.
Step 2. Create an API key and assign it to the impersonation user
- In Zermelo, go to Beheer -> Admin-paneel.
- Select the API tokens tab.
- Click the Toevoegen button.
- Select the impersonation user (Gebruiker) you have just created.
- Set the expiration date (Houdbaarheidsdatum) for the API key.
- Provide a sensible description (Opmerking) for easy identification.
- Click Opslaan.
Step 3. Create a connection in Workspace
- In Workspace, create a Zermelo connection (the Workspace user must have an account in Zermelo!).
- Go to the admin settings -> Integrations -> Zermelo connections.
- Click New to create a connection.
- Fill in the following:
- Server URL.
- API key (generated earlier in Zermelo).
Step 4. Activate the Workspace app
- Go to the App store (or click on +Add tiles).
- Make sure Manage apps is selected.
- Click on Add new app to configure the app settings.
- You can configurate app settings, such as who has access or app owners.
- When you're done configuring the app, click Save.
- From the App store, you can now add the app to Workspace, to either a new or existing group.
- When added to Workspace, right-click the tile to edit it to your liking (size, etc.).