Table of Contents
In this article you'll read about how to share documents with other users (even outside your organization) and how to set the desired permissions for these documents.
Share a document
Select the file you would like to share. A toolbar will appear.
Choose the option Share.
You can share your documents with another user by selecting Invite user. You can choose between the following permissions:
- Can view
- Can edit
The invited user will see the shared document under My documents > Shared with me.
Share a link
In this article you can see how to enable it.
If the settings are set correctly:
- Navigate to the SharePoint Admin Panel.
- Use preview for new version.
- Navigate to active sites and select the corresponding site.
- Go to properties.
- Choose desired sharing option.
With Share a link you can create links to share files with people within or outside your organization. You can choose whether they can only view or also edit the file.
When selecting a document, click on "Share link".
Click on Change settings to configure the desired permissions.
Click on the three dots to Manage links and see which links have been created for the document. You can either copy or remove these links.
If sharing is disabled you will get this error:
With the following steps you can turn it on:
- Go to SharePoint (https://workspace.sharepoint.com).
- Choose the site.
- Click on the "Gear icon" on the top right.
- Choose Site permissions.
- Click on Advanced permissions settings.
- Select Access Request Settings.
- Choose Allow members to share the site and individual files and folders and click OK.
With the option "permissions" you can set the appropriate permissions (edit, view or stop sharing) for users and groups.
Attach to email
With "attach to email" you can add it as an attachment.