Table of Contents
Office 365 templates can be used in Workspace 365 for creation of documentation (using the template as starting point). Below you can find the steps for configuration. We also explain how to enable Web Designer Galleries. Bare in mind that these changes can take up to 24 hours to take affect.
Configuring SharePoint for the use of Office templates
- Navigate to the "Site Settings" of the site you wish to add templates to by clicking on the little cogwheel at the top right side of your screen.
- If the “Web Designer Galleries” settings don’t appear, please follow the steps at “Enabling Web Designer Galleries”.
- Under “Web Designer Galleries”, click “Site content types”.
- At the top of this page, click “Create”.
- Fill in the details of your template. Be sure to select “Document” as parent content type by selecting “Document Content Types” in the “Select parent content type from:” field. You can either select an existing group to add your template to, or create a new one.
- Once the template is created you will be redirected to the settings page of the newly created template. From here, click “Advanced settings”:
- This is where you can upload your template file. This can either be an existing template file in SharePoint or you can upload a local template file.
- Now that your template is configured, go to the Documents of the site where this template was added and select the “Library” tab in the ribbon. Next, click “Library settings”:
- Under “General Settings”, please click “Advanced settings”:
- Verify that the setting “Allow management of content types?” is set to “Yes”. This should be the top setting. Don’t forget to scroll all the way down and click “Ok” to save the settings.
- Go back to the library settings of your Documents library. Now there should be a section below the settings called “Content Types”. Click the “Add from existing site content types” link:
- Select your previously created template and add it to the list of “Content types to add”:
- Go back to the settings and verify if your office template has been added to the list of content types.
Enabling Web Designer Galleries
- Click at the admin icon from the App launcher:
- In the left menu, under “Admin” at the bottom, click “SharePoint”:
- Now click “Settings” found in the left menu:
- Under “Custom Scripts”, allow the user to run custom scripts on personal sites and self-service created sites, then click “OK” to save.