Table of Contents
- Announcement Centre
- Activate the app
- Create announcements
- Announcement status
- Announcement categories
With the Announcement Centre, you can easily inform people in your organization on news, updates, accomplishments or anything else you would like to share by creating announcements. You can push these as a notification or pop-up to a specific group or the entire organization. You can also enable other people within your organization to create announcements.
An announcement is provided in a pop-up, which includes a title, description and optionally an image, video or a link. When the announcement is published, a notification is sent from which the user can open the pop-up. Optionally, the pop-up can be pushed directly to users.
You can access the Announcement Centre from:
- Settings, then select Announcements
- Announcement Live tile, by clicking on the Announcements hyperlink
It has a card based view, just like our App store. You can search for specific announcements or click on one of the categories on the left side to show announcements for a specific category. You can also sort announcements by creation date (new/old) or most popular using the drop-down menu.
The cards contain clickable components. For instance, you can click on the author name to filter all announcements created by the selected author.
Click on read more to:
- View the full content
- View who published the announcement
On the right side, other announcements will pop up for that specific category, displaying the next and previous announcement.
Activate the app
You can enable the Announcement live tile from the App store. The tile can be found under the Communication category. When enabled, you can add the live tile to your Workspace.
Once the app is added to your Workspace, right-click to edit the tile. The tile will be available in various formats and layouts.
You can create announcement from:
- Announcements Live tile, by clicking + icon
- The Announcements Centre, by clicking on New
In the Announcement Centre, you can filter announcements by three types of status:
Bare in mind that announcements that are already publicized cannot be edited anymore after the "Publication end" date. These announcements will end up as archived. Archived announcements are presented in read-only mode.
You can create announcement categories by clicking on New (category) under settings > Announcements.
There are three levels of permissions you can set on announcement categories:
- Who has access: determine who can view announcements within a specific category.
- Editor: determine who can create, edit and delete announcements within a specific category.
- Owner: determine who can create, edit and delete announcements within a specific category and manage the category itself.
Bare in mind that the settings under Group permissions may be overruled by Group permissions:
- Not set is automatically Deny unless you choose Allow for a group in Group management.
- Allow is automatically Allow unless you choose Deny for a group in Group management.
- Deny overrides everything and is always deny for all groups.